Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Another Murphy Update

I just got the 48 hour post-surgery Murphy update from Dad. He's doing well but still on IV fluids and antibiotics. Dr. Myers is going to try switching him to oral medicine and see how he does; a good reaction may get him a ticket home for Saturday. We think the condition of the skin around the tumor site is what is making Dr. Myers take the cautious approach, but we're glad Murphy is improving and I hope we'll get him home this weekend!

Our Colorado trip has snuck up on us - we leave on Monday! The plan is an all-day drive Monday, then we'll play in Breckenridge Tuesday-Friday and drive back all day Saturday. But before Colorado, Dad and I are making a day trip to see the Big Uncle Cemetery get its historical marker (the Halls are one of the main families buried there). From the Texas Historical Commission website:

The Big Uncle Association invites you to the Dedication Ceremony for the Texas Historical Commission marker medallion awarded by the State of Texas to the Historic Big Uncle Cemetery of Richland Springs, Texas, presented by the San Saba County Historical Commission. The ceremony will commence at 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 28, 2007 under the beautiful oaks of the Big Uncle Cemetery, just off CR 204 northwest of Richland Spring, San Saba County, Texas

So I'm recovered from whatever little bug that made me feel wonky. My indisposition did make me pick up "the Garion" books as Leslie and I call them for some comfort reading though (the five books of the Belgariad by David Eddings). But then, I was past due for my essentially annual reread of my first love in fantasy books. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give me a call if yall find yourself in the Boulder area for a bit while you are in Colorado.

-Elliot

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Murphy is doing well!! Travis and Darby send him sloppy wet kisses. Love, Lisa, Eric and Miles