Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

schooool's out for summer

It was weird being a student again this spring, but overall it was a really good thing. It gave me something to do while Matt was at work all the time, and I learned some things too. Plus, it makes me appreciate summer again in the school sense, because I'm taking a break from classes. I do think I'd like to take the other semester of Anatomy & Physiology next fall. Yesterday I went in to take my last test for A&P, got my usual 96%, and closed the book on that class. I also tried to take my psychology final but the testing center was experiencing problems. There was an awesome resolution to that - my teacher e-mailed me and said that since I had done so well all semester, she was just exempting me from the final, so now that class is over too!

I've had some and exciting things going on lately, in addition to wrapping up school. Cousin Lisa took her first trip to Dallas with Miles and Lyla the first week of May. We had a great time for the three days she was here. Piper and Miles became best friends.

He called her "meow meow" and she was the first thing he looked for whenever we walked in the door. On Monday night she'd had enough for a while and hid under furniture and hissed, but the rest of the time she was remarkably calm and collected, and let him chase her around, pet her, and try and catch her tail. Pene showed some maturity too and was allowed around the children with supervision.

Last Wednesday I entertained Emily while Rick was on a work trip to New Mexico. We went indoor rock climbing at Stoneworks in Carrollton. It was a lot of fun. We almost made it to the top of the 100' climb but we both got stalled at the same point maybe ten feet from the top. If we hadn't already climbed that high, we might have had the ability to power through it, but by then our arms were ready to fall off. We each had a fantastic and dramatic fall, which meant the other person got a fantastic and dramatic catch. Another highlight of that day with Em was playing some Castle Crashers on the 360.

No comments: