Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I exercised my right to vote.

I'm a voter! I voted this afternoon for the second time ever (first was the primaries in College Station) and in my first presidential election. Mom and Murphy walked down to the UP Fire Station with me and waited while I voted. I got a round of applause when the wonderful people working the polls found out I was (essentially) a first-time voter.

Going back a bit...Friday night Matt and I went to see Team America: World Police. Some parts were really funny (like puppets doing martial arts and the way they walked) but overall it was a bit slow. I'm going to completely skip over the trip Matt, Emily, and I took to Waco on Saturday for the A&M game, except to say that I love the Czech Stop on I-35. On Sunday, I watched the last hour of the Cowboy game at Matt's (yay 'Boys!) and then headed to work. I was without a babysitter (i.e. mentor, person to shadow) and had my first solo case - a Sheltie named Boots who had a broken leg and was awaiting a Monday surgery. He was a good dog. And I got to watch a lot of a bloat (GDV: Gastric Dilatation and Volvulus) surgery on a Burmese Mountain dog. It was cool to watch, but not so good for the dog - his owners had waited way too long to bring him in and half his stomach was dead. Yesterday I took it easy and recovered from a late night (the time change didn't help much). Today I subbed for Ms. Janik's 8th grade Language Arts classes at the middle school. It went really well - the kids were nice and reasonably well-mannered. I gave a vocabulary test and (with a strict warning) they didn't talk at all during it. And she doesn't have a class 8th period, so I got to leave a bit early! Yay! Then I voted, and now I'm sitting here.

Those who have been following my Barnes & Noble rage: I talked with Bill again on Friday. After a LONG time arguing (he wasn't really arguing; he just didn't get it), he thought he could do as I asked and that $11.02 should find its way into my bank account by Monday. It didn't make it by Monday, but it WAS there today when I checked. Thank goodness. My B&N saga seems to have come to an end. I couldn't have handled much more of that.

Oh, devoted readers of Brittany's blog (I know there are a few lurking out there): she posted an update yesterday. Check it out.

No comments: