Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Thursday, October 28, 2004

The saga continues *angry snarl*

I talked with Barnes & Noble again on the phone today. Please reference the post Arg!!! for background. Anyway, they never credited the other $11.02 on my credit card that I asked for 3 weeks ago. The customer service rep I talked to today (Bill), said he needed to look into it more and would write me an e-mail. I thought this was maybe because they'd put in the request (which he said they had) and thought it had already gone through and I was trying to get more money out of them or something. So I get Bill's reply tonight:

"We are unable to debit your Gift Card in the amount of $11.02 and credit this amount back to the credit card used to place the above order, as the total amount charged to your credit card, $8.96, was less than the amount of $11.02."

Okay, see, after that order I had to pay another $19.98 to get my replacement DVD shipped, and all of that went on my credit card. His solution, to give me a gift card in the amount of $11.02, ensures that I will spend $11.02 more with Barnes & Noble than if they hadn't screwed up the order in the first place! You think I want to rush out and buy something from them after this 2-month-long drama?!?!

So yeah, Bill and I will be talking again tomorrow. I'm acting solely on the principle of the thing now. Especially since they've handled everything SO poorly. They must lose!

No comments: