Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Caleeforneuh

It's not a tuma...

Tomorrow we're going to the great state governed by the Terminator to visit Leslie and Bryan. We'll be there until Sunday. Leslie's taking Thursday off from teaching to play (and going back on Friday to clean up the sub's mess) and we're going to come visit her school on Friday. Her principal is even an Aggie! I've been to her school once before (last Christmas) but there weren't any students, so I didn't get the full effect. And I think we're all going to San Francisco on Saturday. I'm just excited that I'll get to see Les between August and Christmas. And it looks like the A&M game will be shown on Fox Sports Bay Area, so if we're home I might even get to watch! We are supposed to get into DFW at 4pm on Sunday, which is exactly when my work shift starts. I got someone to cover until I can get there.

Not much has been going on with me lately. I had my sub meeting on Friday. It was a group thing with maybe 12 other prospective substitute teachers. They made sure we had all our paperwork and we filled out a few more forms. I had to call Mom for her SSN because I had to name a beneficiary for my retirement plan. That was a little weird. We're supposed to be on the sub list by tomorrow exciting! On Saturday Matt and I ordered the A&M game on PPV and watched it over at his house. That was really fun. I'm so glad our team is improving...I mean, 4-1 (2-0 Big 12) is awesome! And we're even ranked now! A big test will be the Oklahoma State game this Saturday. It'll show how far we've really come.

I had my second work shift on Sunday. I was more relaxed and able to contribute a little more, but at the same time, I feel like I know nothing. When I got in around 3:30, I got to say hello to Dr. Myers (our vet, the one who helped me get the job) who was just finishing up his shift. He introduced me to the vet I was working under (Dr. Johnston - super nice and fun to work for) and told me if anyone gave me a hard time, I should let him know. I felt special. :) It was another slow Sunday night (unusual, they say). I got to see my first surgery - a Mastiff with bloat - meaning I could watch whenever I had time. And I helped drain off over half a litre of fluid from a boxer's chest. A dog needed a whole blood transfusion and the techs on the case were asking all of us if we owned big dogs. Dr. Johnston's wife ended up bringing their dog (a tripod - that's what happens when both adults are vets) to be the donor. That was cool. I didn't get home until about 12:30. Murphy went crazy when he smelled all the animals on me. I took my time getting ready for bed this time around because I discovered last Sunday that I need to wind down after work before trying to sleep. Mom and Dad were very considerate of my need to sleep in on Monday (Murphy not so much).

I've been playing a lot of FFX-2 in the last week, and now I'm over 80% done. I need to beat it soon because Luke's borrowing my PS2 to play GTA: San Andreas when it comes out. And I can't have a game like FFX-2 remaining unbeaten when my PS2 is unavailable (and I don't think the Roberts want me popping in and playing video games all day while Luke's at school). Yesterday Laurie Haluska brought over fabric samples for the wedding dress and I picked the ones I liked. It was exciting. We're going to have our first fitting at Thanksgiving!

So yeah, that's what's been going on with me lately. Oh, and one more thing: if anyone out there saw the movie Garden State and really liked it, you should totally get the soundtrack. It is awesome.

No comments: