Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Arg!!!!!

Never order anything from Barnes & Noble online. Ever. I wouldn't have either - Amazon is easier and cheaper - but I had a giftcard. So over a month ago I ordered a couple DVDs, and the total cost was covered by my gift card plus about $8 on my credit card. Well, one of the DVDs they sent was the wrong one (and I wasn't that surprised because on their website they had the pictures switched between the DVD I wanted and the DVD I got, even though they had different names). So I called and told them what was up. The customer service person said I'd get a label to ship the wrong one back and they'd send the right DVD as soon as possible, and that I'd get an e-mail confirming all of this and contained an order number for the DVD that was coming. Eventually I got the mailing label to return the DVD but nothing else (no e-mail, no DVD). So I wrote an e-mail explaining all of this. They eventually wrote back saying they were sorry, to send the DVD back, and they'd work on getting me the right DVD. A few days later I was told I needed to pay the $20 for the new DVD so they could ship it. Fine, I thought, and put it on my credit card. That was a while back, and I got the correct DVD pretty quickly afterwards. But no refund. I checked my bank account today and there was finally a refund there...for $8, not $20. Apparently they decided to partially refund my credit card and partially refund my gift card (which was long ago throw away because it was all used up). So today I got to call them again and demand that they completely credit my card (hello, I put $20 on it buying the right DVD from them?!?!) rather than putting any on my gift card. Frankly, I want nothing to do with them again. I don't want a freaking credit with them. Next time I get a B&N gift card, I'm walking in the store and buying something off the shelf. ARG! These people are so incompetent. First off, they send the wrong DVD. Then the customer service woman lies to me. Then they make me pay for the right DVD before they ship it. And then they refund me in a bizarre way and make me call them again. BOOOOOOO! Avoid barnesandnoble.com at all costs. Bleh.

No comments: