Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Fort Worth Fun

First off, I really enjoyed watching CSI and ER on Thursday night. It's fun to have those shows back, although we'll have to wait two more weeks until the next ones because of the presidential debate next week. Grr. Another exciting happening on Thursday - I heard from the vet at the emergency clinic and got my schedule. I'd asked for two shifts a week but he'd only scheduled me for one: 4 pm - midnight on Sundays. I start October 3. Yay! We'll discuss adding another shift on Wednesday when I go by to fill out an "employment packet."

Yesterday was very fun - I went to Fort Worth to have lunch with Matt! I made it there with no problems even though I'd never driven further than Six Flags on I-30 before. I went up to his office and he introduced me to people and showed me around. It is ridiculously small compared to the Dallas office. Then we walked around downtown looking for a place to eat. Eventually we settled on 8.0 because we were tired of thinking about it. After lunch, we went back to the office and said goodbye so he could go back to work. Then I proceeded to go to the Fort Worth Botanic Garden, which I think is nicer than the Arboretum. And most of it is free! After wandering around there for a while, I went to the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History, specifically for the Omni (IMAX) Theatre. Some people I know, like Matt, have been to the IMAX before, but if they haven't been to the Omni, they haven't seen anything.

"The Omni Theater is a technical marvel incorporating the most advanced super 70mm, multi-image projection and sound systems in the world. The theater's screen is a dome, 80 feet in diameter, tilted at a 30-degree angle to the horizon...72 huge speakers in 10 clusters are strategically placed to allow 6-track sound to "move" across the theater in synchronization with the action on the screen. The patented Omnimax® projection system utilizes the largest film size format in the history of motion pictures. Nearly 10 times larger than its 35mm counterpart, the film fills the dome with brilliant, distortion-free images. The Omnimax® projector alone stands 6 feet high and weighs 2,000 pounds."

Yeah, it is super-cool. The best field trips ever were the ones to the Omni. I sat in the exact center, which was awesome, and took in the film Forces of Nature. Very cool. Now that I know that Matt's never been to the Omni, we're going to have to go sometime. Soon. What a deprived childhood he must have had.

Anyway, after the Omni, I headed back home uneventfully. Last night we went to Wild About Harry's for hot dogs and then went and registered at Crate & Barrel. That was really fun. Matt liked holding the scanner. We did mostly cooking stuff, and now we definitely need Mom to help us sort through it to let us know what we forgot to put on there or what is really unnecessary. We're new at this. Then we browsed the Apple Store and went back to Wild About Harry's for custard. Yum. So it was a very good day. :)

No comments: