Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

I'm in (Final) Fantasy (X) Land

In the past two days I've played over 18 hours of Final Fantasy X, and I loved every minute of it. This is what I thought I'd be doing my first couple weeks back from college (because this is what I've been wanting to do with my free time since Christmas), but I was actually pretty busy during my first two weeks in Dallas. On Monday, there was some organizing accomplished, along with a lengthy errand run. I also went to the Y and played DDR. On Monday night I beat The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (again). Yesterday I took Murphy to the vet for his yearly check-up, and I also asked Dr. Myers if he'd every let someone shadow him for vet experience... [More below] After the vet, I whipped out the Final Fantasy X because I've only beaten it once and I want to play through again before tackling X-2. And I pretty much played until Matt came over to watch the season premier of Scrubs at 8. We played some DDR afterwards. After Matt left, I kept playing DDR, this time on "Workout Mode," where I supposedly burned 200 calories. Then back to FFX, which I played until 2 am. :) This morning I bathed Murphy, swept/mopped/vacuumed the downstairs, and washed my sheets (chores #1 and #3 really have to go together for the best results). And once that was done...you guessed it - FFX for a very long time. It is such a great game with an awesome story and feel and design, and I can't believe how good it looks for a PS2 game. I'm really enjoying it again the second time around. I just played some DDR so I wouldn't feel like a lump.

Tomorrow I'm driving back to Dr. Myers office because (continuation from the story above)...
he said that his practice can get pretty boring. But, he works a few days a month at a 24-hour emergency clinic and was going to be seeing the vet who runs it that day or the next. He offered to get me an application and see what I needed to do to work there. Notice I said work, not volunteer - I had been thinking my "vet experience" this fall would be non-paying because I haven't worked in the field before, but Dr. Myers seemed to think I might be able to work there a couple days a week and get paid for it. And even if the money part doesn't work out, it seems like a great opportunity regardless. So I'm driving back to his office tomorrow to pick up the application he got for me. :) Yay!

No comments: