Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Saturday, September 11, 2004

Productivity is down

Not to imply that my other days have been extremely productive, but today was highly unproductive. I've been catching up on TV/movies both old and new. Last night, Matt and I watched Lost in Translation, which neither of us had seen. I really liked it but can't say why. Then during lunch today (which was only about an hour after I awoke - that's what happens when you sleep until 10:30) I watched The Ring for the first time. It was pretty good. I like Naomi Watts. Then I watched A&M kick Wyoming's butt - WHOOP! After that, I puttered until 7, at which time I knitted intermittently and watched a Dead Like Me episode and the second half of While You Were Sleeping. Good times. Matt has been at work in Fort Worth since 8 or so this morning and is still there. He will not be the only one happy when September 15 rolls around.

So yeah, the last couple weeks of nothingness have been fun and I still have lots of video games left to play (I'm about 10 hours into Final Fantasy X-2 now with 12 more games in various stages of play still in the queue), but time off is so much more meaningful when there is an "on." I was recovering from the school-induced "on" phase for a while, but I think I'm past that now. I'm still waiting to hear back about the job - I called Dr. Myers on Friday and he said the head of the clinic had been out of town and gets back in tomorrow and I should check back in if I haven't heard anything by Thursday - but in the meantime, I've been working on my substitute teaching application. I need something notarized and my A&M transcript is on its way, and then I can schedule an interview! So there's some good news in case the vet job takes some more time.

No comments: