Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Thursday, September 23, 2004

The Force is with me

I got Tuesday with the specific purpose of driving to Best Buy and getting the Star Wars Trilogy. And I did just that, as well as picking up Episodes I & II as well. I watched Episode I that afternoon, and on Tuesday night, Matt, Mom, Dad, and I watched Episode IV.

Yesterday I helped out at the high school "Lunch on the Lawn" (which was in the cafeteria...Old Army's gone to hell...oh wait, wrong school). Peggy Sue joined a few other restaurants in providing the food. I was the cashier while Mike Shannon and Baldo served chopped beef sandwiches. It was pretty fun - I got to be up at the school and chatted with some old teachers and whatnot (Alcerreca, Duke, Dr. Bryce, some counselors, etc). The Roberts were there selling Blue Out shirts too (Susie borrowed an idea from A&M and is arranging a "Blue Out" game for HP and the shirts are a band fundraiser). After that was over, I went back to the doctor and had my TB test "read," which meant a nurse brushed her fingers twice over the injection location, didn't feel anything, and circled negative on my sheet. No tuberculosis! Wahoo! Last night I had a pleasant dinner with Dad, food provided by Amore, sitting in the backyard. I set him up with The Empire Strikes Back and then went over to Matt's to watch the season premiere of Law & Order. Both new episodes were okay overall, but I really like the new detective who replaced Lenny. When I got home, I watched the series premiere of Lost that I'd taped with M&D. We liked it and will definitely watch next week's continuation of the pilot. It was good.

Today I haven't done much, just had lunch and watched The Empire Strikes Back. Now I'm thinking about getting dressed and going to the Y. Tonight we have the season premieres of CSI and ER! Yay for primetime television's return!

In November, Sony is releasing a new design of the PS2 that is TINY (and has built-in Ethernet)! I'm jealous. Read [the article] if you're interested.

No comments: