Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

I wasn't trying to be morbid by leaving the Hammy post up so long. I just didn't feel like posting for a while. So, we'll remedy that right now. Work has been going pretty well. Last week (Dec 5), work was a mix of good and bad things. Here's the scoop, in list form...

Good:
-I got to try to place a catheter.
-The dog I was trying to put a catheter in was completely knocked out by Dormitor so I wasn't hurting it and it wasn't squirming.
-I ran two complete blood work-ups without any help.
-I get to have my own patients now (well, maybe just one at a time, but still, my own!)

Bad:
-Dr. Howard got mad that Stephanie and Maggie were letting me try to put in that catheter and told them to not "let me practice on one of his patients" - you know, someday I'll be his tech and I'll bet he'll want me to be able to do catheters!
-Dr. Sarpong put Tiger to sleep (he's the dog who came in two weeks ago with third degree burns - she took over ownership eventually and had been treating him. He looked bad the first night but last week he was alert and eating and doing better. But he took a major turn for the worse and she felt it was time - about half the staff was crying about it. It was really sad)
-Raye-Jean's cat in renal failure that she'd been trying to support died.

This week's work was good, but slow. I had my own patient and gave a couple injections by myself. Not much else to report, except that I got to hold a 5-week-old Boston Terrier puppy for a long time while we were waiting for test results and he was adorable.

Other happenings...last Friday was Matt's company work party. They filled three floors in their building with food, music, carolers, ice sculpture, Dippin' Dots, and arcade games including DDR. But it quickly got annoyingly crowded, so we only stayed about an hour and a half. That day I had subbed for Ms. Steckler's algebra class because she had a funeral to attend. The kids were pretty great, as usual, and I still think math is really neat to sub for. Tomorrow is my work Christmas party, and I may play my pipes. Also, I've been playing Kingdom Hearts for the PS2 for a few days now and I think it is very cool. I recommend to all RPG-ers. I just got back from a fun 2.5 hour lunch at Brittany's house. It was fun catching up on her fall quarter happenings. Leslie and Bryan get into town on Saturday! Wahoo!

And, done.

No comments: