Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Friday, January 14, 2005

Happy times

Amanda is coming to spend the weekend with me! Yay! Her Christmas visit has been on the January side of the holiday break, but A&M doesn't start until Tuesday, so it counts! I'm very excited. :) :) :)

In other news...I spent the end of last week hanging out with Louis and Graham. It was great to catch up with them. I'd seen Graham over Thanksgiving but in the interim he'd graduated from USC. And Louis I hadn't seen in about a year. Graham and I ate at Amore last Wednesday (the 5th) and went to see the movie Sideways (I loved it). We spent the rest of the evening playing with Piper. After doing wedding invitations with Susie and Mom on Thursday I had a late lunch at Cisco with Louis, and then we went to the high school to pick up his sister and walk around. Friday evening the three of us went to Trinity Hall and had a pint. I love those boys. And they are both so happy and successful, it makes me happy. :)

Sunday night was quite an experience at work. I ended up coving the overnight shift for someone, which meant I was at work from 4pm on Sunday until 8am on Monday (and then got to drive home in rush hour / school traffic, zones and all). It was a calm night and a good learning experience, so I have no regrets. It did mess up my sleeping for the rest of the week, along with Piper's discovery that she can crawl under the covers to bite my butt to make me wake up. I *definitely* need to break her of that.

Now I'm heading out to pick up Carolyn - we're having lunch and then coming back here so she can meet Piper. And then Amanda should be coming soon after! Wahoo!

No comments: