Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy (slightly early) Thanksgiving to all of my readers! I uploaded a few new pictures of Piper onto roberts.overt.org (of her time while we were in California) and was then compelled to post an update.

My birthday week passed relatively without event. On Friday, Matt skipped out on work early to take me to see Harry Potter. I thought it was very true to the books and enjoyed it, although my lack of any other comments makes me think something magical was missing. I just haven't figured out what yet. But anyway, I thought it was good and was thrilled that Matt surprised me with the tickets to see it on its opening day. I had to work on Saturday, but then we had a relaxing night involving Chinese food and a new RPG (for me) - Tales of Symphonia. I enjoyed my two wonderful days off in a row (Sunday and Monday) by playing some WoW (Nyda's 56 now but leveling is getting slower and harder) and ToS. Yesterday was a crazy day at Cisco, starting with a leaky pipe that Mike Shannon could luckily fix, followed by a late waiter, and then the busiest lunch I've ever overseen. It made for a exciting day, though! And then Dad came and ate lunch with me and Tom after the craziness had subsided, which was a fun treat.

Leslie and Bryan get into Dallas sometime tonight, and then we will have a traditional Hall Thanksgiving tomorrow. That means Carolyn comes over early and we eat turkey around 1:00. Untraditional elements: Uncle Mike and Cousin Michael are joining us, as well as Bryan (heck, Leslie hasn't been home for the last two!), and Matt isn't just coming over before his family's dinner. Also new - we're heading to the mini-ranch to spend the night as soon as the last plate is washed and put away. Matt and I are scooting out on Friday in the morning to head to Texas Stadium to watch HP beat the hell outta Ennis (in what should be a much closer game than another football game taking place on Friday). Graham is joining us, which is very cool. So...yeah, that's all I have to report!

No comments: