Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Safe and sound

I made it back to College Station in one piece. I don't even have some crazy driving-in-icy weather story to tell. The drive was completely uneventful.

The Pipes is happy to see me, although I can tell she had all her needs taken care of by Auntie Em while I was gone.

I said my goodbyes to my WoW friends today. They tried universally to get me to stay, but I resisted. Another chance to test my willpower - I found out I did in fact pre-order the game expansion from Best Buy a looooong time ago and now I have to go into the store and return another copy. Also helping me just say no - I bankrupted all of my characters and sold everything that wasn't nailed down or distributed it to my friends. My friend Jack (aka Bissc) got 1000g...should help ease his pain of separation. I also deleted every character that wasn't on my main server, giving away all the items and money I could to people who seemed nice. I left my 4 level 60s and alts on Khaz Modan though, because my friend Brian (aka Doggill) may choose to take over my account and play them. That works for me too. It would be a shame for all that time to go to waste.

I've already asked Bryan, but I'll pose this question to my other readers now: any video game (non-MMO) suggestions?

2 comments:

emily said...

The Pipes, although comforted by her Auntie Em, missed you a LOT. There's just no substitute for a cat's mommy.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, you're kicking the WoW habit? way to go!! i know how tough that is to do (i had to give up on Everquest when i went to grad school. i think i had physical withdrawal symptoms.)

as far as other game suggestions go, i think you've already played a lot of the DS ones, right? that's what i'm currently playing.

you just need to find yourself a Wii. :)