Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

flowers!

When we moved here, we got a coupon for a free flat of seasonal flowers from the local garden center, and I went and redeemed it today. I got some pansies, petunias, and some other annual I forget. I also picked up some lantana because it was 75% off, meaning it cost $0.50 each! So I got five :) Anyway, I planted most of them in the front in various beds, and the pansies plus one petunia were ensconced in the new hanging basket on the front porch. Yay! I hope they make it all right. I have been much more diligent about watering recently, so I'm pretty optimistic.

I did my trial run of pie making last week, making four pie crusts, one buttermilk pie, and one coconut amaretto pie on Thursday. The next day I took pieces to Carolyn, Mom and Dad, and John and Susie, and they all liked them, so I was encouraged. Also, it wasn't too stressful or challenging to make all those in one day, so making just one pie with the crust possibly already done should be just fine. Tomorrow I'm taking my first official pie to Amore!

I met Matt at Chuy's for dinner tonight because he's working late. This fall busy season stinks. Before we parted, we went in the Apple Store to look at the iPod Touch and iPhone. Not that we're thinking about getting one, but now that they've been out a while you can actually play with them without waiting in a line. They were pretty nifty.

We were walking Pene last night and we ran into a couple with two Great Danes. I asked them if Pene looked like their dogs did when they were young and they said yes. She had almost identical markings as one of the dogs. Hmm...seems half Dane is still on the table. =P

Speaking of Pene, she had the best time ever playing with her ball in the backyard this evening. After I'd thrown it five or so times and she'd brought it back, she thought it would be more fun to play "keep away" with me. She was running in circles around the tree as fast as she could, so that I couldn't keep up even making the smallest circles. So then I'd go the opposite direction and encounter her, and she'd juke and get around me and keep going. Once or twice she changed direction. And she did this about three times as I'd occasionally wrest the ball away from her. Good way to burn off some of her energy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm picturing Pene chasing the butterflies your flowers will bring. Delightful!