Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I'd forgotten...

I'd forgotten how absolutely awful Jake Lloyd is as Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars: Episode I. I decided to throw the DVD in this afternoon, inspired by my recent playthrough of Lego Star Wars. That game got me really hankering for some Star Wars, and it hasn't been so long since my last viewing of the original trilogy, so I figured I'd start at Episode I. Luckily I had my needlepointing to save me from the awfulness of that whole movie (yeah, I remembered the fact that the overall movie sucked, but I'd forgotten how horrible, absolutely bad that kid actor was. No. Redeeming. Qualities. Except maybe the chili bowl haircut)

The movie did make me appreciate the level design of Lego Star Wars, though. They had some great recreations of scenes from the movies, and the music and sound effects really were pulled straight from the movie.

Speaking of Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, when last it was mentioned in my comments section, I was having problems with it freezing up. Like total lockdown, get up and press the power button freezing. It started happening consistently with a certain level, and every time I tried to go through it, the problem happened earlier and earlier. I e-mailed the game tech support about it, thinking there was no way they would actually solve my problem. Yeah, they would tell me to make sure my disc wasn't scratched (uh, the answer to that would be no, it's a brand new game that has only been taken out of its case once) and I'd be screwed. Not so! Down into the meat of the reply, they said I should "try clearing the cache. Reset your Xbox, and hold down the A button as the game is booting up. If any button is held while the game is loading, it will clear its hard drive cache, and create a new one. Once you see the game logo, the game is already loaded, and the cache should have been cleared. Note, this does not effect your game in any way other than loading. You will not lose any saved data." So - if you are having this problem with the game on the 360, try that! It worked like a charm! (Although I still think it's pretty crappy programming that causes the problem in the first place, but still...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Playing Lego Star Wars totally made me want to watch all the movies again! I agree with the first one too because I think I've only seen it once in the movie theater. I remember it sucking but the video game made it seem cool again. Glad I didn't actually get around to watching it.

Unknown said...

And I have one of the original movie posters from this "classic" film! Hmmm, whom should we leave it to in the will?