Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Hi *waves*

Tonight I am reminded of one of the negative aspects of living in an apartment. Yes, our neighbors below us seem to be having a party, and yes, their horrible techno music is making our floor vibrate, cat pace, and butt cheeks tingle (from irritation *and* the music). Anyway, I feel like griping about it, so why not do it by blog?

So, life is going okay. We had a bit of a health scare with Dad this week (someone has "weird" appendicitis) but he's bouncing back (think how superhuman he is to be up and about with that funky appendix still in there). Related to that, I ended up working an extra shift this week as we moved our schedules around to let Dad off the hook for Friday night, so I worked Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday lunch this week (money, yay!). It's funny how accustomed I am to having my Friday break, though. My feet hurt! But it is always fun working on a different day, with different people.

What else is new? Matt fell off the face of the planet recently, as Busy Season kicked into full gear. He thinks he'll practically never come home tonight...but at least he's coming back for the Super Bowl tomorrow. Go Steelers! I had a Steelers jersey when I was a baby and have had a real affection for all Pittsburgh teams since then, so I'm somewhat of a longtime fan :)

I got one of those automatic air freshener sprayers at the grocery store yesterday, and I'm really pleased with it, but it still makes me jump when it sprays every 36 minutes.

I got some exciting clinic news in the last week or so. Dr. Sarpong told me that the clinic should be opening the week of March 13 (yes, the same week I hear about vet school and the same week Matt will nearly die from exhaustion because of taxes). Stephanie also worked out my schedule. The clinic hours will be 8am - 6pm Mon-Fri and 8am - 12pm on Saturday. I'd told her I didn't want to work Saturday (and she wanted Thursday off). That worked, and to get me 40 hours a week, I just needed 4 10-hour days. So, I'll be working there 8-6 Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. It is going to be awesome being on almost the same schedule as Matt, and that Tuesday off will give me another day for errands, household chores, and quiet time.

I got a new fantasy book from Amazon.com the other day but I haven't read it yet. Has anyone read anything by Carol Berg?

*cry* Make the techno stop *whimper*

1 comment:

emily said...

Was the techno slightly reminiscent of the good ol days living next to the boys? :)