Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Kingdom Hearts

I just beat the game Kingdom Hearts (released 2002) on the PS2. I'd had it for a long time and had made an attempt to play it several years ago but never finished it, so a couple weeks ago I pulled it out and started a new game. It's an action role-playing game that features Final Fantasy and Disney characters - you get to play in the worlds of Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Nightmare Before Christmas, Hercules, Winnie the Pooh, Alice in Wonderland, etc. It ended up being pretty cool, actually. I picked up the sequel for $10 used (there's something to be said for playing older games) and I'll definitely be starting it soon.

It has been two weeks since Piper's disappearing act and I think we've all finally recovered. She got of the house out that Wednesday evening and we didn't find her until Thursday afternoon. Matt and I searched that night and the next morning, handed out flyers to our neighbors, everything we could think of. Susie came by Thursday afternoon to help me look and as we were in the backyard on our way to the alley, Piper responded to our voices with some plaintive meows - she was up at the TOP of our next-door neighbors' live oak tree. Their dog had chased her up there. We had quite a time getting her down and more than once we thought I might break my neck plummeting down to the Forbes' concrete deck. Susie was a superstar, climbing up the ladder after me, getting the cat hand-off from me, and going back down the ladder with Piper in her arms. Piper spent the next 24 hours hiding in Matt's closet and it took her a good week before forgetting the evils of outside and wanted to go into the backyard again. Her little paws were scraped raw from her adventure and she was very stiff from clinging to the swaying branches of the tree. Come to think of it, I was pretty dang stiff after the rescue too.

12 days until Hawaii!!

No comments: