Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Friday, March 09, 2007

bawk!

(this title brought to you by the Robot Chicken end credits theme song)

I think you can tell something about a person by what movies they watch when they are all alone. I'm back at the duplex in College Station and Emily is with Rick at his cousin's ranch in South Texas (her name is Gussy, isn't that fabulous?). So what do I pop into the DVD player? Bambi =D Actually I hadn't seen it since I was under 10 years old, and aside from knowing the mom dies and there's an obnoxious rabbit involved, I didn't remember much. The movie is gorgeous restored (makes me cry at the relative death of hand-drawn animation) but the writing is atrocious. A 30-second summary of the plot could be capable of leaving no details out. But anyway, it was a pleasant 70 minutes spent. Did you know Bambi's mother actually doesn't kick it until the second half of the film?

Speaking of movies, Matt is in Dallas seeing The 300 with his brother right now. He's been working very hard this week (he stayed past midnight one night) but they are nice about giving them Friday nights off, even if everyone is coming back for full days on the weekend.

I'll be back in Dallas at the beginning of the week. Emily and Luke both have their spring breaks. Emily is coming to hang out in Dallas and Luke is skiing with his cousins. He has good reason to celebrate - he was awarded a Lechner Scholarship from A&M! In addition to money, that gives him a good chance of being a fellow 'Nerd and living in the honors dorm like his big sis (in-law). So proud. =D

Mom is healing up from her (un)Lucky injury. She's getting around a lot better than she was when I was tending to her. Poor Lucky got shipped back to her original owner though...as someone said to me "she sure messed up a good thing for herself." But the good news on the animal front is that the cows should start calving soon. Yay!

Brian, my friend I met playing WoW over a year ago, is coming to Texas next month for a visit. He's never even flown before, so he's pretty excited. I can't wait to show him the Lone Star State. I hope the weather is nice to us and holds off on any major April showers while he's here.

I finished my A&M scrapbook today. I started it in December of 2004 and almost finished it but I got burned out before it was quite done. And then I didn't want to whip out all of my scrapbooking stuff to get the last few pages completed, so it has been sitting in a box forever. I think it was the combination of Matt's big empty desk and inspiration because of Luke's impending A&M journey that made me want to finish it today. I am pretty proud of it, even if it isn't all professional-looking like the scrapbooks churned out by certain of my in-laws. :) Just ask me if you want to see it sometime!

2 comments:

Leslie H said...

I've read some pretty funny reviews of The 300. It sounds terrible! But Bryan wants to see it, too. :)

Cameron said...

Matt had this to say about the 300: "it was awesome"

oh, and "if you love stabbings, you'll love this movie"

So I married an axe murderer?

*looks over her shoulder*