Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Gig 'em Aggies!

For once Matt's prediction that the Aggies are going to win the National Championship won't be far from the truth. Analysts predict we'll make it to the Final Four. Excitement!

I'm back in College Station, briefly. I have the follow-up visit with my neurologist tomorrow. When we scheduled it back in October it seemed so far away... I'm guessing it'll be really quick, since I haven't had any indications that my brain isn't working recently. So that's good :)

This is great: All the President is, is a glorified public relations man who spends his time flattering, kissing and kicking people to get them to do what they are supposed to do anyway - Harry S Truman

I became a card-carrying member of the UP Library this week, which was really exciting. Not only do they have a surprising number of books for a library that has only existed for a few years and occupies a corner of a bank building, but they have books on tape (mostly, really on tape - I knew my tape player would come in handy some day!). So I now have alternatives to music CDs when I'm driving for long distances. The one I got for this round of driving is excerpts from American humorists (including the always fun Art Buchwald, a man I used to do impressions of when I was eight).

Peanut the cow had twins last week. FYI: twins are very rare in cattle. They are both boys, which is good, because a male twin's hormones will sterilize his sister in utero (see freemartin). More cows are set to burst at any moment. I'm sure I will have pictures soon.

Matt has passed the always important March 15 deadline. Now he can breath a little easier. We were able to spend time together on Friday night, and he only worked a half day yesterday. Only one more month of work at the office for him, and then he'll probably come to his peaceful College Station retreat and live the easy life for a while, possibly through the summer. When exactly we will return to Dallas is not yet determined, depending on variables including the duplex/tenents, houses, how long Matt needs to decompress, etc.

No comments: