Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Friday, March 14, 2008

Season Final: 1 Win, 7 Losses

We had our last game of the flag football season tonight (Thursday...I know I'm posting this rather late at night...that's what happens to me during busy season). We didn't manage to pick up another win, but we did have a solid showing against Miller Time in a 14-6 loss. Keeping it close was particularly heartening considering we only had eight people on our team show up, two guys and six girls. The trooper award goes to Lili, who was injured most of the season, showed up to cheer us on, and got roped into playing an entire game. She was pretty good too! Player of the game definitely goes to Blake, who had like three interceptions and was definitely the reason the score was close. Here are the standings if you're curious (at the time of this post they had not been updated for the final game).

In other news, I've been working in the front yard like a woman possessed this last week and it looks really neat. The inspiration came from two sources - the chainsawing down of the red bud tree that was growing into our foundation and the warmer weather. I will try and take pictures tomorrow. Things have started to bloom and it is looking pretty; I can't wait until the plants grow into their space a little more. Hopefully this spring has plenty of weather than makes them happy. Which reminds me - it was a very different experience playing flag football when it wasn't 30 degrees and pitch-black! I actually got a little warm (playing the whole game probably helped).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can you name a cow after me ta
lol
edith

Cameron said...

We could consider it if we knew who you were =P