Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"Thin" is really depressing

I watched the HBO documentary "Thin" about eating disorders this afternoon and it was really depressing. I mean, obviously eating disorders aren't exactly happy, but not a single one of the girls they followed got any better after their residential treatment. I knew about the insidiousness of ED, but seriously...it was horrible; the documentary did a really good job of hitting that point home. That said, if you have an interest in that kind of thing (Matt and I are devotees of the TV show "Intervention" on A&E that sometimes deals with people with eating disorders) you would find the movie interesting (I definitely resist using the word "enjoy") - man, it's dark.

Unrelated news, it is raining cats and dogs here. All day. I'm afraid my plants are going to wash away. Our rain gauge was full at 5" by mid-afternoon and it is still pouring.

No comments: