Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Good weekend, until it wasn't

Boy howdy, I couldn't wish stomach bugs against my worst enemy. Things were chugging along for this to have been a great weekend. I had a really nice and relaxing time with Mom at the ranch - we even had a bonfire Friday night. Then we had Roberts family dinner on Saturday night with John and Susie, Rick and Em, and Luke. Highlight: John's famous mac and cheese. But then Sunday had to go and ruin it for me - I woke up early feeling unwell and right after Matt left for work, the floodgates opened. From 8am to 4pm, I was pretty miserable and vomiting left and right. Mom came over in the afternoon to work her mom healing magic, which definitely helped. At 5 o'clock I was cleared to try some Saltine crackers and Sprite and they went okay. By the time the Cowboys game came on (Go 'Boys!), I was feeling better and had even managed to get some Tylenol down to help with my aching body parts. Actually sleeping last night was another rough time but by 1:30am I was feeling brave enough to take my Ambien, so eventually I got some sleep.

Matt left for work this morning and won't be back until late Wednesday - he has work training in Chicago. Not the best timing from my view since I'm still pretty pitiful and recovering, but he's probably not too sad to be getting out of the vomit lair. First actions taken by me this morning: cleaning the bathrooms, Febreezing the hell out of everything, and doing laundry. But now my stomach is suggesting that it would like to supplement the dozen crackers I ate yesterday with something, so I'm off to check out what food we have in our bland section. Wee!

1 comment:

Leslie H said...

Sorry to hear about the barfiness! Glad you're feeling better. I think needlepoint is an excellent recuperative activity.