Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Monday, September 29, 2008

oh my

Chalk it up to my own ignorance, but I didn't realize Tina Fey was quoting Sarah Palin's interview with Katie Couric exactly when performing her parody on SNL. Oh my...

That's why I say I, like every American I'm speaking with, we're ill about this position that we have been put in where it is the taxpayers looking to bail out. But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health-care reform that is needed to help shore up our economy, helping the -- it's got to be all about job creation, too, shoring up our economy and putting it back on the right track. So health-care reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions and tax relief for Americans. And trade, we've got to see trade as opportunity, not as a competitive, scary thing. But one in five jobs being created in the trade sector today, we've got to look at that as more opportunity. All those things under the umbrella of job creation. This bailout is a part of that.

UPDATE:
I know more than a few people despise Sam Harris, but I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I really enjoyed his opinion on Sarah Palin in this article in Newsweek.

Also, I refer my readers to my much more eloquent sister for some great Hall sarcasm related to the election.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I wouldn't classify myself as a Palin supporter by any means but I looked up what you told me about palin wanting to pull rape kits because of the inclusion of "morning after" pills and the story isn't quite so "cut and dry". factcheck.org has a good write-up on the story and I've found them to be equally critical of conservatives and liberals based on their posting history. As an interesting example they discuss Palin's handling of the "bridge to nowhere" which is often quoted and seldom explained. But anyway the story is very fishy as she was all for the bridge when the bill funding it had all sorts of "pork-barrel spending" (when mccain was denouncing it for the same reason) She changed her mind and killed the bill after the pork was removed but somehow ended up receiving all the funds with no limitations on how they should be spent.
Anyway I thought that was interesting enough to share. See ya.
-Rick

Cameron said...

I couldn't find the exact story you were talking about on that site, but I'll enjoy poking around it some more.