Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Thursday, February 12, 2004

Well, now that I have this mostly all set up, I should probably post something of substance. But since of you might be joining us with little idea of what's going in my life, I might as well start with that...

Right now I'm in my last real semester of my college career. I have to get through this spring and then some summer school, and I'm outta here in August. This semester is making me very ready to get out. I'm taking anatomy, microbiology, genetics, and biochemistry II. Weee... Anatomy is really cool. We have our dog that we dissect on twice a week and it is interesting ... but we have to know SO much that it is pretty overwhelming. You think bones are easy? Wait until you have to know every single bony prominence, groove, joint surface, etc on all of them. So that's anatomy. Really interesting but hard. Then microbiology - by far my easiest class. Thank god. I needed one. It is also not too interesting, though, but hopefully it'll pick up now that we gotten past "the cell and you" chapters. Genetics...probably my most interesting class. My prof is insanely smart (and cocky, but we won't get into that). He expects a lot of us, but I think genetics is really fascinating and I'm enjoying learning about all sorts of genetic disorders. Then there's biochemistry. I thought last semester was bad. My prof this semester has the most monotone voice ever. All his lectures are these really bright, highly animated powerpoints. He expects us to know everything about metabolism biochemistry. We all hate the class (which is sad, because it could be really interesting). I fear an uprising is coming. I'll be laying low in the back of the class to avoid the bloodshed.

So that is this semester. This summer I'll be taking anthropology and physiology and then I'll be done. Then I'll go home and live with Mom and Dad (whoop!) while I work on getting some "animal experience" so I can get into vet school. And then the really hard classes will start. :)

Some other thoughts...
-I'm supposed to be getting a horse to live at the mini-ranch. I'm beginning to think it was a trick.
-Matt and I will be celebrating our sixth Valentine's Day together this weekend. Goodness...we're going to dinner. Lots of Aggie baseball was going to be involved in the weekend celebration but since it has been raining for 12,000 days now, we find that unlikely.
-I wish I had a cat.
-Hopefully I can work it out with Leslie and Bryan so that I can have some pictures up here. Eventually...
-My room smells a bit like formaldehyde. Great.
-Morrowind is a highly addictive game. If I make sub-par grades this semester, I will blame Elliot for introducing me to that game.

That should keep you occupied for a while. I have to go to class. Whizzeeeeeeee...[boom]

No comments: