Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Monday, February 23, 2004

Yay, I'm done with my first round of tests!

Today's good news: I got an 88% on my anatomy test! (44/50) When I saw the 44 on my paper and thought it was out of 100 points, I was like "yeah, I guess I'm not really surprised..." but was really happy when I found out it was out of 50 points!
Today's bad news: My biochemistry test was really hard. There were 25 multiple choice questions worth 3 points each, and I guessed on maybe half of them. I'd think "maybe it is (c), no wait, that's in another pathway, no I'm thinking of glucose-6-phosphate, not glucose-1-phosphate...is that phosphatase or kinase or synthase...cytochrome a, b, or c?...huh?" The good part is that there actually is a curve in that class, so I still have a chance.

I finished Deathbird Stories (#18 on the list) today. It was really a disturbing collection of short stories (the author had a caveat lector in the front of the book telling us we shouldn't read them all in one sitting because they were disturbing). I didn't really like most of them, but the last two stories were really good. I don't know that I'd recommend the book overall, but I would recommend those last two stories ("Adrift off the Islets of Langerhans" and "The Deathbird"). It was a nice way to end the book.

Well, I'm going to relax tonight and be happy that I don't have another test until next Thursday! :)

No comments: