Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Monday, February 04, 2008

catching up

I actually have a lot to post about - imagine that! I guess chronological order is easiest...

Right after my post last week, I headed off to a new therapist. I haven't actually had much luck finding someone and my attempts had been rather half-assed anyway, so this was in the nature of a New Year's Resolution. Her name is Debbie Cooney and things went pretty well. In any case, I made weekly appointments for the next three weeks. So I'll just see how it goes.

On Tuesday, Brian flew into DFW for a visit. You might recall he visited last April from Indiana. We had a nice, relaxed time here. We spent Tuesday night at the ranch with Mom and Dad - grilling out, chainsawing, letting Pene run around. The highlight of that was probably Pene's attempts to get the cows to play with her by running up to them and away just like she does to the doggies at the dog park. We played lots of Rock Band (Brian is really good) and ate lots of good food. On Thursday night we went to my flag football game where Brian saw us lose to the Cock-n-Ballers but at least we did score a touchdown. We were somewhat mollified by learning that the other team has been playing together for six years. Friday night we grilled out our Christmas present from KPMG - sirloin steaks, crab legs and shrimp (yeah, guess who ate what). And then Saturday night Emily, Rick, and Luke came over for a Rock Band extravaganza, which was really fun.

Yesterday morning I took Brian to the airport, came back home for a nap, and then spent the afternoon watching TV with Matt. Then we watched the Super Bowl (I was SO rooting for the Giants because I like Eli and hate Tom Brady). I think our favorite ads were the eTrade baby ones, particularly the second one with the clown. Also ranking up there: the Bud Light ads and the tire commercial with the screaming animals (especially the cricket!).

Tonight Cousin Lisa and Miles are rolling into town to stay until Thursday, so I get to have another stretch of fun days with visitors. Miles is crawling now and I have to de-furball the floor this afternoon. =P

No comments: