Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Friday, July 21, 2006

I am the winner

I am the winner. I say this because 1) I totally beat John in number of fish caught yesterday (okay, he let me have the choice spots but still!) and 2) I won our game of "Fact or Crap" tonight. Go me.

So yes, yesterday Matt, John, Luke and I went on a hiking/fishing expedition to Ten Mile Creek. We hiked until noonish up the trail and back a ways to a good lunch rock. Then after lunch John and I fished our way back down the trail while Luke and Matt appreciated our fishing prowess. (John got a new fishing pole; it is very springy.) Eventually they got bored and made their way back to the car. I could've fished longer but all of a sudden some ominous clouds rolled in and thunder and lightning made holding a big metal pole seem like a bad idea. So we hustled our way back down to the car and headed towards home. After picking Susie up from town where she's spent the day shopping, we cleaned up a bit at the house and then headed back to town for dinner. Matt and I treated the family to dinner at this pasta place we love (first discovered when the Halls bought dinner for the Roberts on my first Colorado adventure with them, summer of 2001). Anyway, at this place you pick the style of pasta - angel hair, linguine, or fettuccine, and the flavor of the pasta (e.g. spinach) and the sauce. Matt and I shared spinach fettuccine with marinara sauce and parmesan linguine with alfredo sauce. It was good, great post-hike food. Then back at the house, people watched Syriana and we started a puzzle. I had my back to the movie the whole time since I was puzzling, but the movie *sounded* pretty terrible.

Today we finished the puzzle in the morning. John and Susie went and picnicked/fished while Matt and I wandered about Breckenridge and Luke tried to read Crime & Punishment (hehe, high school). Matt and I both got t-shirts, and I bought a couple pairs of socks at my favorite Breckenridge store, The Joy of Sox. =D We returned home and I kicked Matt and Luke's butts at Mario Kart, and then we had fajitas at home and played "Fact or Crap." And I won. I rock.

Tomorrow Matt and Luke are going to a Widespread Panic concert in Winter Park. I'm not sure what I'll do, but fishing is likely :)

1 comment:

emily said...

I wish I were there :( You and I would have totally dominated at Mario Kart against the guys ;) Congrats on being the ultimate winner! See you soon.