Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Eek, school!

I was poking around the internet this morning and thought to myself, "I haven't really looked to see if I can find any information on the A&M web site regarding money or schedules or anything." So, I looked. And oh my! I found a bill (which may or may not be final) and, even scarier, a tentative schedule. Looks like the courses I'll be taking this fall are: Gross Anatomy, Microscopic Anatomy, Physiology I, Microbiology I, "Clinical Correlates I" and "Professional Development." A little scary, to be sure, but don't those look like fun classes? =D I'm most excited about physiology, I love that subject. There aren't times for most of the classes yet, but it's 20 credit hours (12 is full time student as an undergrad. 15 i s average) - anatomy, and the two micros are all 4 credit hours, physiology is 6, and the other two classes are 1 each, so...lots of labs in my future! I have somewhat of an idea of what it will be like because my microbiology class did have times: MWF 11-11:50 and W 3-5.

Anyway, that was a lot to take in first thing in the morning. Now I'll be checking back frequently to see if my other classes get times/days and if my bill changes. Oh, I found out I got my parking pass assignment too, and it is the lot right at the vet school. Wahoo :) Also vet related: I signed up for a mentor (a 2nd year vet student) at the beginning of the summer on the advice of someone who'd been there. Now, normally I wouldn't have, that isn't my thing. But I got an e-mail from said mentor sometime last week, and I think it'll work out nicely. We got matched up, I believe, because she was in the drum line in high school marching band and likes to play video games. Her name is Karen, she's from Austin, and she has a rabbit and is interested in exotics. Anyway, she seems really nice and we've already exchanged a few e-mails. And since I don't know a bunch of vet students going in, I'm glad to have her as a contact, even if only for the beginning when it is scary.

I poked around even further, and found what I think will be my basic curriculum overview for all of vet school. 2nd year looks very scary. [here] it is

In other news...the Roberts returned from Colorado last night. Matt and I went over and brought them Amore for dinner to welcome them back. Petey the cat was *very* glad to have his people home. Matt and I have started cleaning and throwing stuff away in the apartment in anticipation of the move. He was particularly productive yesterday, tackling three stacks of semi-important documents (health, financial, etc) that have been accumulating for a year. That's about it :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so how many hours a week are you going to be in class? i just got back from interviewing in houston and galveston....galveston had half days while houston had the high-schoolish 8-3 days. i may have to ditch my dream of school in the city so that i can actually have a life!!

anyhow, im so excited for you!! i'm pretty much living at the vet school this year (and parking there!), so i will probably see you around =)