Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Vacation is good, mmkay?

First off, no more seizures. There, that's out of the way. I still can't believe I have to wear oxygen snaked under my nose each night, but oh well. Yesterday we just took it easy while John went fishing. The rest of us lazed around and then went to Frisco to look for new cell phones for me, since the washing machine incident. I didn't find any - the ones at the Cingular store were way overpriced, not surprisingly. Then we ate lunch at the A&W (cheeseburger and a root beer float, oh boy!), after which we walked around Frisco and looked in the stores for a while before heading home. We went out to dinner last night and I went to bed at 8:55 pm. I was tired! And that's like almost 10 pm CST!

Today Matt and I went fly fishing with John while Susie museum-ed in Fairplay (at historic South Park City) and Luke vegged at the house. Unfortunately for us, John's spare fishing pole broke 5 minutes into our excursion, so we were operating with only one pole. John helped refresh me on the finer points (like casting =P) of fly fishing while Matt was our "fishing caddy." The fish, unfortunately, were feeling mean and teased us mercilessly. John caught a couple though. In the afternoon we picked Susie up and drove home. A wonderful thunderstorm has blown in, and Matt and I have been watching it while the others ran to the grocery and puzzle stores. Tomorrow, who knows? Hiking? Fishing? Shopping? I love vacation!

1 comment:

emily said...

Yay for fly fishing! I wish I were there... Catch a fish for me :)