Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

I'm still grumbly about the abrupt end to our vacation. Matt got us home safely on Tuesday, we collected the cat from the 'rents and stumbled into our apartment. I'm going to blame my seizure medicine for me going to sleep before 6pm, because that's just weird. Beware of Keppra - it'll make you sleep 60% of the time! Yesterday we had some breakfast at the Original Pancake House and then Matt took me to get my final rabies shot. Yay for getting that all over with, even if my arm does ache. Then we went to North Park and wandered around, eventually drifting over to the movie theatre where we saw Pirates of the Caribbean 2. Matt thought it was pretty good, I thought it was so-so. We came back home, watched some of our TiVo-ed TV, and I crashed extremely early again.

Today I was supposed to have lunch with Stephanie to catch up (she hasn't heard about all the Colorado excitement yet) but she had to reschedule for tomorrow. So, Matt and I had lunch at the Highland Park Pharmacy (grilled cheese and a vanilla malt here, yummers) and went to the grocery store. We've entered that weird time pre-move when you analyze everything you buy for necessity and mobility. Mom and Dad came over to chat on their way back from the ranch and now Matt's doing some work on his laptop while I putter. I was thinking about playing some New Super Mario Bros again, go for the third 100% completion.

So I have lunch with Stephanie tomorrow, yay. Since I can't drive, that'll probably be the extent of my excitement for tomorrow. Then all I have to look forward to is my appointment with Dr Z on Monday, where hopefully she'll take me off this seizure medicine and I will be able to stay awake again! Oh, and my new cell phone will be arriving somewhere between tomorrow and Monday, so I will be able to return Matt's to him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well maybe this will make you feel better -- I had a grilled cheese at the Breckenridge Brewery and Pub tonight and it was not great. Your HP Pharmacy sandwich and vanilla malt was much better, I"m sure. :) Susie