Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Monday, September 11, 2006

69.5 is totally passing

Yeah, I got a 69.5 on my physiology test that I took today. I think that's technically passing, if you round =D Honestly, with the amount I studied, I would've taken anything over 50%. I got an 87 on my histo test though. Go me. I wonder how anatomy will turn out (I'll know tomorrow). I was just burned out after the two tests last week and my phys prof sucks the wonder and joy out of the subject, and ... yeah, I'll study more next time. The 69.5% I got right was all due to knowledge garnered from undergrad anyway.

So last week sucked a lot. It was all leading up to Thursday's histology test and Friday's anatomy test. The anticipation was awful, and we were all blowing off physiology and micro to study for these classes. Anyway, the tests went okay and then it was Friday, which meant CALF FRY! I ate calf balls. Four of them. So did Emily. They were fried and battered, and tasted like a cross between fried chicken and fried catfish. I mean, I wouldn't eat them every day, but they weren't gross. Christi had met us at the duplex and the three of us (her, me, Em) rode over together. It was at an outdoor pavilion. We chatted with some classmates, including my wonderful lab partners Justin and Brandon and ate some testicles and burgers, and left about an hour later. Apparently most of the people who stayed ended up getting completely trashed. Vet students seem to have the motto: "work hard, study hard, play hard."

Matt got in Friday night and we went to bed at the respectable hour of 9:20. Saturday I studied (sort of) while Matt watched football. He and Emily went to the Aggie game that night while I stayed home and tried to study but mostly sat around. I wasn't feeling like being around 70,000 other people. They came back bearing Sonic (vanilla malt joy!). On Sunday Matt took me to the grocery store and went back to Dallas (to work!) after lunch. I studied (played Warcraft) the rest of the day, went to bed early, and woke up at the ungodly hour of 5am this morning (that was NOT intentional). Anatomy lab was fun today - we finished the pelvic limb and started on the trunk. And finally I was trusted with a scalpel so I hacked away happily for 2 hours. =D

I'm writing this at the vet school computer lab actually. I had something to do at 6, and Emily has a Judo meeting at 7:30, so I am killing time until my awesome lab partner Brandon comes to pick me up. He and Justin both told me that if I ever needed a ride, I could ask them. Such gentlemen!

Other news...Mom is coming down on Wednesday, just in time to take me to my doctor's appointment (I'm missing micro lab for it, how naughty). Then I have a micro test on Friday, followed immediately by Mom driving us back to Dallas so I can make an afternoon appointment with Dr. Z. Then I get to have fun in Dallas and not study for tests all weekend! Christi is going home (Lewisville) that weekend too so I am riding back with her.

2 comments:

Leslie H said...

mmm, balls.

congrats on the tests!

Anonymous said...

Interesting post about the calf fry. I didn't know they were edible. Learn something everyday.