Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Sunday, April 11, 2004

This has been a really nice three-day weekend. Thursday night I was able to watch TV with Matt without feeling guilty about not doing homework. We were sad that Amy got voted off the Apprentice, but we saw it coming the whole episode. And we like Bill (and think he has a much better team to pull off a victory next week). After ER, Matt and I went over to Jeff's apartment to wish Amanda a happy 21st birthday and give her birthday presents to her. That was fun, and we saw the group off to Northgate for more celebration (Matt and I decided to not go...Northgate is a little advanced for us). On Friday, I got to sleep in, and then I had a really nice three hour study session in the anatomy lab. Rachel, a fellow group member, met me there and we reviewed the second half of all the anatomy we've learned this semester in preparation for the lab final a week from Monday. It was really good studying, and that alone made it worth me staying here in College Station this weekend. After I got back from the lab, Matt and I played basketball (a rematch from last weekend), and I beat him 20-16. Whoop! A little Sonic, and the day was complete. Yesterday I did some homework. In the afternoon, a huge and ominous line of storms were coming our way, and they were breaking in on TV, Weatherbug was chirping, and hail was being reported. So, I forced Matt to drive with me to take refuge in the west campus parking garage to protect my semi-new car and his new car. It didn't end up hailing here, but there was baseball-sized hail in Cameron and NE Texas. I personally don't regret playing it safe. I just sat in my CR-V and read the Lord of the Rings. :) Then we went to Gatti Town and rented Brother Bear at Blockbuster (isn't Matt nice?). Today Matt and I went to the College Station UU Fellowship for their semi-Easter service. After I study the contents of the bone box this afternoon, I'm going to be cooking a pot roast for dinner tonight. Let's hope it turns out okay - I got my cooking instructions from Mom in the parking garage yesterday. :)

Something cool: the birds that have been living in Lori's hanging plant by the front door had their chicks hatch the other day. Three little fluff balls with beaks. I walked by once when they were all stretched out and chirping for food. But they're usually just hunkered down in the nest. I'm glad something good came of us sacrificing the plant's well-being as well as getting freaked out by the bird flying out of there every time we enter or leave the duplex.

No comments: