Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Saturday, April 17, 2004

Work on Thursday was exciting. The chemicals that we desperately needed to get in so we could be ready for next Monday's lab were being delivered via overnight shipping. They were supposed to come in by Thursday afternoon but they hadn't. One box had been sent to the Mechanical Engineering department across campus, and the other box was unaccounted for. As time passed, we were made aware of the situation: the shipper had damaged the bottles of cyanuric chloride in box #2. And so they had a "hazardous waste spill" on their hands and had to call in people from the state to deal with it. Oops.

I am now in the midst of furious anatomy studying. I got all my other school work taken care of during the week, so my only focus this weekend is anatomy. I skipped biochemistry yesterday so that I could go straight from work to the anatomy lab yesterday. Emily came and saw what progress we'd made with Sparky since she'd last seen him, and she also got to look at Lucky, the female beagle. If I had to guess what Emily was most impressed with, I'd say it was the bright green gall bladder. But maybe it was the cross-sectioned penis...who knows? [you have no idea how cool erectile tissue is]

Speaking of penises, we anatomy students have got to be more careful about talking about anatomy, particularly outside of class. "Yeah, ____ said he'd show me his penis after class" and "can I look at your testicles?" My mistake yesterday was telling Emily and David that I'd "really like to do a goat." What I meant was based on the fact that some vet students had their goats out to study in the lab and that I'd like to dissect one. It didn't come out that way, though. So anyway, I studied in the lab with David (and Emily) for a few hours yesterday. I don't think I'll go back in today, but I probably will tomorrow. I have no idea how this lab final is going to go. At least I'm not taking the MCAT today like half the people in my class.

No comments: