Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Monday, March 22, 2004

I don't want to study genetics for the 20 minutes before Matt comes over, so I'll post instead. Not really much to say. It was hard getting into the swing of things today. All my normal routines took a little thought, making sure I didn't forget anything. In a way, it was good to get back, though. Don't ask me why. I guess because it begins the march to summer. I was getting really depressed about the remaining weeks, but Jon helped me put it in perspective. He said, "Don't think of it as 6.5 weeks; think of it as less than 2 months." That helped a bit.

Also nice - the course schedules for summer and fall semesters are up, and now I can finally plan out the last two classes of my undergraduate career. I have to take physiology this summer, and the other class has to be an "International and Cultural Diversity" class. Now I was hoping to get into something interesting like Near Eastern Religions (to complement Fall of 2002's Indian & Oriental Religions) or something easy like anthropology 205 (People & Cultures of the World). But no, these and all other of my preferred classes conflict with phys lab. However, there may be a silver lining to this cloud - "Minority Health" is offered as a 10-week web-based class. Now at first, it sounded horrible (but something I was definitely interested in because it is a 200-level class and online) but then some people pointed out that it has the potential to be interesting. So we'll see. Now I'm just hoping it won't get filled up before I can register. :)

No comments: