Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Sunday, March 21, 2004

Spring break is over and I'm not happy about it. It feels like once spring break is over, the spring semester should be almost over, kind of like Thanksgiving break in the fall. But no, I have 6.5 weeks of classes left, plus exams. That includes two rounds of tests and finals, another anatomy case study, some microbiology lab reports, and a couple biochemistry assignments. I think I have a major case of senioritis, but I seriously want to get through this semester quickly. My summer schedule (physiology + one more class) is looking so great right now. But anyway, enough whining.

The tail end of my spring break was pretty fun. I hung out with Matt and his family on Friday night, including a belated birthday dinner for Luke at El Fenix. Then Luke and I played a lot of the new James Bond 007 game (Everything or Nothing) on Xbox. It was really awesome, especially the cooperative 2-player mission mode. However, it is missing the 2-player fighting/shooting each other more that helped make Goldeneye so great - I can't believe they didn't include it in this new game, because it has everything else you'd want. Still, an awesome game. Saturday I had a really nice long visit with Carolyn and later hung out with Matt, Em, and Luke while their 'rents were at the symphony. Today we went from Dallas to Waco to watch the A&M-Baylor baseball game (we won!) and then went on to College Station.

The only major event in the drive was Matt getting a speeding ticket - and it was so unfortunate. He had his radar detector out and was cruising at about 76 mph. But then we entered a construction zone with 55 mph speed limits. I determined long ago that informing Matt that he was speeding (as long as he's driving his car) is unnecessary and unappreciated, so I didn't say anything as his radar detector started beeping at him and we passed a cop car...that is, I didn't say anything until he did that and I thought "hmm...it didn't seem like he slowed down much" and glanced at the speedometer and saw it still showing 76 mph. I said "you know it's 55 here" ... he said "no I didn't realize that" ... and then the cop car was behind us with lights ablaze. He handled it really well though. Good thing it's been more than a year since he did defensive driving last. Oh well. Makes a good story. Sucks for Matt.

So that's the conclusion of the spring break posts. It was a great 9 days. I had a really fun time with Mom and Dad, Murphy, Matt, Emily, Luke and their parental units, Graham, Carolyn, the workmen remodeling the bathroom, my Gamecube, Luke's Xbox, digital cable with all the movie channels, parental cooking, the sailboat and Claude, Biscuit, Link and Majora's Mask, IMs from roommates in Mexico, baseball, and sleep. Lots of sleep. I'll miss them all. Expect all posting to slow down again as I reenter school mode and get buried in work. April is going to be horrible.

No comments: