Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Tired (Countdown: 2 days)

Friday evening Matt and I drove down to College Station to work on the duplex. When we arrived, we hung out with Emily at the duplex until John, Susie, and Luke arrived around ten. Since it was getting late and we had a long day ahead of us, we left Emily and scurried on over to Uncle Johnny and Aunt Cindy's house where we were spending the night. On the way, we saw a mommy and baby deer nursing just off the road and an armadillo 3 feet from where we parked the car! We chatted with the Stimsons for a while and then sought our beds.

Matt and I left the house at the early hour of 7:00 to get to work, stopping on the way for donuts and unintentionally running into cousin Danny who works there. That was a fun surprise =P (which was even better when he hooked us up with our breakfast for free). For the next 11 hours we worked insanely hard. It would have been a challenge anyway, but it was definitely harder because the boys left their side pretty trashed. That's the side we're moving into, so we definitely had incentive to get it fixed up. Matt and I painted our bedroom and Emily painted hers ("bubble" and "blonde," respectively). I also ripped up all the cords that were still in place and fixed to the walls from the internet setup, painted doorframes, helped clean Emily's bathroom, and my biggest accomplishment: cleaning the refrigerator. That thing was, to put it bluntly, nasty. There was half a bottle's worth of chocolate syrup spilled in the bottom, debris everywhere, caked on food on every shelf, a sausage fallen behind the drawers. The freezer had had more than one coke explode in it, among other nastiness. I took everything shelf out of the fridge, disassembled anything that I could, and scrubbed, soaked, and clawed my way through. It took forever, was disgusting, and I'm very glad I got it done. I wouldn't have had time to clean it that well if I had waited until moving in. The others (John, Susie, Luke, Matt, Emily, and her boyfriend Rick) worked on cleaning, installing new towel racks, and painting the rest of the duplex (just "Sahara white"). We didn't even get to touch the other side because the boys side was such a disaster area.

We all ate at Texas Roadhouse after we were done and then we all rode back with John, because Matt and I had come in my car and we were leaving it there. Today Matt and I woke up tired and sore, but we have a full day ahead of us with packing and cleaning here at the apartment. I am going to be so tired next weekend!

No comments: