Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

oh my

Vet school requires a lot of studying. I knew this, of course, but living the reality is craziness. I think the part I didn't really comprehend was how awful it is to go back to school and have to be in class 8:00-5:00 (even worse than grades 1-12) and *then* have to think about eating/studying/sleeping/having a life. Eating has proven a particularly hard task. What did I eat today? So far...a bowl of Lucky Charms, a Luna bar (thanks to Em), 3/4 of a grilled cheese sandwich, one glass of apple juice, and the heel of a loaf of banana bread. Hmm. Yesterday I finished on a strong note with a pot pie, but lunch was half a sandwich and a Snickers. I need to work on this.

So other news...I saw a horse being embalmed today in the back room of the anatomy lab. I think it was the first of the batch they will be working on for us to use next year. Apparently they are horses that were on their way to become dog food. I did a heartworm test in micro lab today. In anatomy we skinned the forearm; well, Brandon did. My lab partners are so cute. Two boys (Brandon and Justin), which is very rare, and they are both from rural places, wanting to go into large animal practices when they graduate. They are also pretty darn smart, and we have all come up with brilliant ideas for learning things that we've shared with each other. Oh, and keep this on the downlow, but Justin was the "Masked Rider" last year for Texas Tech (the mascot-type person on the black horse). Isn't that cool?

Other class news...I don't really have any. Next week will be big - I have a group thingy involving a live horse and exam, a histology exam, and on Friday, my first anatomy test. Eek! Oh, and Matt gets to spend Sunday night here too this weekend thanks to Labor Day (I of course have class on Monday, which stinks). Oh, and the first A&M game is this weekend. I got seats in the gimp section so we can sit down in case I have a seizure or whatever.

Okay, microbiology and histology are calling my name. *wave*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am fighting the motherly urge to rush down there and cook giant and healthy meals for you!