Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Week 2

Tomorrow begins my second week of vet school, and I'll admit - I'm nervous. Of course, last Monday wasn't exactly what I expected so this should go a little smoother. I got some studying done this weekend...not as much as I would have liked, but much more than I would have done in undergrad, so hopefully that's enough.

I had a fun weekend with Matt. Yesterday we slept in and got a bunch of errands done. Funny how those stack up when one cannot drive. We went to Copy Corner to get my class notes bound, then Old Navy where I got the best pajama pants ever, along with jeans, a shirt, and a skirt. (a skirt! I know! if I see one I like, I must get it since that happens about every 5 years) We went to Home Depot to get some keys made and to buy some other things. We had lunch at Abuelo's ("Mexican Food Embassy") and it was pretty good. I had: "medallions of chicken breast stuffed with chorizo, poblano and cheese, and lightly fried, served with refried beans and papas con chile." Matt had cheese enchiladas. And then the grocery store and home. That afternoon I made some banana bread and studied while Matt worked on some work he'd brought with him from Dallas. We had a laid-back evening, eating dinner at home while watching Ocean's Eleven. After dinner, we had a basketball rematch, only this time the game was "H-O-R-S-E" and Matt shut ME out. It was tragic.

This morning I couldn't sleep in, so I played around in WoW for an hour or so while Matt slept. It is really bothering me that my paladin is 57.7...so I am trying to nudge her to level 60 by playing her every now and then. I spent the morning studying while Matt did some yard work and watched tv. We had lunch together watching one of our TiVoed "Dirty Jobs" and then Matt helped quiz me on the bones of the thoracic limb. This afternoon we had to run over to campus for me to pick up my sports pass, and we poked around in the MSC a bit before coming back home. Then it was sadly time for Matt to head back to Dallas. :( Emily got back from her weekend in Katy with Rick, though, so I wasn't alone for long. She starts school tomorrow, her senior year! Whoop!

PS: Luke hooked me up with the pictures that Susie took when we were in Breckenridge last month and they are now included in the Breckenridge 2006 album on our gallery.

No comments: