Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Sunday, May 09, 2004

Hey, so yeah, this post is coming to you via Matt's computer. Why, you ask? Because my computer has blown up. Okay, not really, but something like a major RAM failure happened on Friday night and I haven't had the time or inclination to deal with it yet. So my computer is completely incapacitated. Plus, I figured it wasn't a good idea to put my hands inside my computer while I'm still angry at it. Just what you want to happen around finals time. The diagnosis of the problem (since all I knew was my computer was super messed up) came from Elliot, my personal computer consultant and all-time hero. I have a few things he told me to try, but I don't want to mess with it until after finals. Besides, I'm kind of curious what life is like without instant access to a computer 24/7. But I'm pretty annoyed about the whole situation still. Grr.

My biochemistry final is tomorrow. I think it is going to suck. I'm completely burned out on studying and I'm sick of thinking about metabolic pathways and I am ready for the summer. SO yeah, good times. And then, once that's over with, I get to study for my microbiology final, which covers something like 1,000 powerpoint slides that I haven't even looked at yet. Well, enough whining.

News: Mom and Dad got 6 cows for the mini-ranch! They're down with Carolyn there this weekend for Mother's Day. I didn't join them because of studying and the end-of-the semester work party at Dr. Hildreth's last night. It was once again very fun - Matt came with me, we ate good food, played some horseshoes and Catch Phrase. Very nice distraction from studying. I didn't go into work all last week, but luckily Dr. Hildreth didn't seem to have noticed. :) So that's about it for me. I may not update again until mid-week or so, probably not before the micro final Wednesday afternoon. Hopefully I can get my computer up and running again without too much difficulty.

No comments: