Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

No, my computer isn't fixed. I'm in Dallas. Well, my computer may be somewhat fixed - Elliot looked at it last night and the RAM refused to give us the error message anymore, so that problem may be solved. But I still have to reinstall Windows, and the CD is in College Station, so I won't be able to do that until tomorrow at the earliest. Elliot also cleaned out my computer with compressed air - it was FULL of dust (nasty). We both sneezed a lot. The biggest breakthrough with the computer may have been when I discovered I still have 75 days (well, 74 now) left in my Dell warranty. So when I go back to College Station, the first instant it gives me any trouble, I'm making Dell deal with it (which will most likely be a huge ordeal in itself, but whatever).

Speaking of Elliot, we had a really nice time last night. Dust was blown, dogs were played with, Dr. Peppers were drunk. Oh, and Elliot got stung by a bee from the hive that is illegally living in their alley. Ah, Boniface's legacy. And speaking of Boniface, I talked with him for a long time yesterday up at the high school. He's leaving to go teach Latin and British Lit at a high school in Connecticut next year. He isn't leaving HP on the best of terms, but he is excited about his new job and making twice as much money there.

Back-tracking a bit, I think my last post was before the moving extravaganza that was last weekend. Emily spent Wednesday-Saturday moving out of the dorm and into the duplex (my side). The other two roommates, GG and Liz, also moved in on Friday. On Friday, Matt's parents and grandmother and my parents rolled into town. Mom and Dad were there for JJ Washam's graduation and for Matt's, as well as to get some furniture from my place to take to the mini-ranch [we moved all of Matt's furniture to my side]. Matt's graduation was at 7 on Friday. He looked SOOO cute in his master's hood (maroon and white satin inside for A&M, yellow velvet border for Masters of science). After he walked across the stage, rather than walking up the center aisle and sitting back down, he slipped out the side. We were most appreciative, because that meant we didn't have to sit through thousands of undergraduates in two more hours of ceremony. On Saturday, we cleared out the last of Emily's dorm stuff and did some other furniture shuffling. Matt's graduation party was at Uncle Johnny's at lunchtime, and it was quite fun. Then I walked Mom and Dad around the vet school. That night we all attended the Aggie baseball game versus Kansas State. We kicked their butt. :) On Sunday, Mom, Dad and I got all my furniture that was leaving (living room and dining room stuff) onto the trailer and we headed to the mini-ranch. I got to meet the cows and saw the one I am responsible for naming. Anyone have any good girl cow names they want to suggest? We spent Sunday night at the mini-ranch and came to Dallas yesterday.

I'm leaving for College Station tomorrow, and hopefully my computer will behave and I can post more regularly again. Although, with the break in school, there might not be much to report, other than video game progress. :)

No comments: