Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Thursday, May 27, 2004

I got an e-mail from my minority health professor yesterday (this is the class I'm taking online this summer). I got the impression again that it will be an easy class. We only have to come to campus twice throughout the ten-week course - once for the midterm and once for the final. Other than that, we do everything online. It makes me glad I got my computer fixed! I haven't seen the syllabus or the lecture outlines, but I'm yet again hopeful I might actually get something out of the class and find at least some of it interesting. I hope so. Now physiology, my other class, I know will be interesting and helpful later in life...but definitely not easy.

I've just been hanging around in Dallas this week. On Tuesday night I played with Elliot - we ate at Chilis, went to see "Robot Stories" at the Angelika (I liked it), and then came back to my house and watched "Finding Nemo" (Elliot hadn't seen it!) and talked until 1:30. Which meant it was an early night as far as hanging out with Elliot goes. :) We were just impressed that we managed to see each other twice in two weeks. Yesterday I had lunch with Taylor and Emily, and then I hung out with Matt for the rest of the day. He'd just finished his CPA test (hopefully for good) and needed companionship. Tomorrow we leave for the mini-ranch. It'll be a fun weekend, having Matt's family (and Jeff) down there for the first time. Maybe the other two cows will get named. Then on Sunday it is off to College Station for summer school. Weee...

So Phish is breaking up after their summer tour. Very sad. :( I understand their wanting to end it on a high note, but it's hard to believe that Undermind, their new album, will be their last (unless they release more Live Phish). Matt is happy he'd already purchased tickets for the Indiana shows before Trey's announcement, though, since now the ticket prices will be shooting up and tickets will be getting scarce.

No comments: