Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

20K

My car got its 20,000 mile tune-up today. It passed with flying colors. And this is a good thing, because I'm driving it to San Antonio on Friday to visit Elliot for the weekend! The trip to see Elliot has been three years in the making. I've always wanted to go visit him at college, ever since he picked Trinity over A&M. Freshman year it couldn't happen because I didn't have a car. And the next two years, well, there isn't a real reason - it just didn't happen. But this summer, Elliot finally moved off campus, and it seemed that the stars were properly aligned. And the weeks passed...and all my weekends were full of activity, Dallas trips, and visitors from Dallas. And then I only had two weekends left in my undergraduate career. So I decided that this weekend is the weekend. Wahoo! We're going to have fun.

Other than a trip to the dealership, my day was not exciting. I went to the early physiology class (once again only about 5 people were there...sad) so that I could take my car in after class but still early in the day. Then I was productive at home. And before work, Emily took me to the dealership to pick up my little CR-V (thanks, Em!). Then it was off to work (next Wednesday is my last day!), then home where dinner, homework, and The World's Biggest and Baddest Bugs awaited me. Tomorrow is class and my second-to-last physiology lab. Yay!

No comments: