Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Friday, July 09, 2004

Sigh of relief

Last night was great - I just goofed off, talked with Em, read my book, talked with Matt, watched Interview with a Vampire, and stayed up late. :) The last three Thursdays I was either driving or packing up for a weekend away. This weekend, Dallas is coming to me, in the form of Brittany, Taylor, and Jeff. They won't get here for quite a while, though, because all three of them are working people. Today I'm enjoying doing some basic maintenance of things I've ignored, like cleaning and paying bills. But I also thought I'd take advantage of my ability to post pictures on my blog and put some random pics up from this spring. Enjoy! (you can click on them for a larger version in a new window)


This is the anatomy lab. The table behind the blue towel receptacle was my lab table (table 2). All those bins along the right wall are full of bones, and I believe that's a horse skeleton, too.


This is a shot essentially taken 180 degrees from the last pic, in the small lab. That's the door to the hallway in front. The bones you see are (from left to right): an elephant back leg, a dog, an elephant front leg, I think a goat, and a horse.


This is my anatomy lab group: Kyle, Rachel, me, and David. Oh, and yes we intentionally put the dog skeleton there!


Dr. Harding's 2002-2003 organic chemistry workshop leaders: me, Jon, Midhat, Jenny, and Amanda. Jon, Midhat, and I had a Wednesday night Double Daves tradition going, and in February we managed to persuade Amanda and Jenny to come too. I'm really glad we've all kept in touch, and it is going to be awesome having Jon and Midhat in Dallas (UT Southwestern) for years to come!


Taken at the ACS chemistry banquet in May, this is my with my advisor Dr. Hogg. I like my shoes.


Laura, Amanda, Jenny, and Cameron. We are definitely the coolest, smartest, and most attractive female chemistry majors in our class (heehee). Laura and Jenny graduated in May, and they're both going to California for grad school: Laura to UC Irvine and Jenny to Berkeley (go Cal!).


I took this picture right after I got my Xbox. I'd just cleaned up the entertainment center to accommodate the new addition and everything was arranged so neatly I wanted to take a picture. Those are all the video game systems I own: PS2, Xbox, GCN, N64, SNES, and GBA. :)

Okay, that's it. I should maybe get dressed now and do some homework before our house is invaded by HP kiddos!

EDIT: One quick addition - it is the beginning of Round 3 - we have an egg in the nest again! I don't know if it is from the same parents or their children, but it is the same family of birds as before ("round 1" and "round 2"). When I checked at noon, there was only one egg in the nest, but I will investigate later to see if more have been added. I'm so glad Lori got that hanging plant and then neglected it, because otherwise we'd never have had so much fun bird watching!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey -

I love the anatomy lab photos. I'm a physics prof but got into science through anatomy (my Dad was at Colorado State).

Coool!!