Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Tired...but happy!

I'm tired. My plans to go to bed early sort of worked out, in that I turned the light out at 11:30 instead of my usual midnight; unfortunately, I didn't sleep well at all. I got up at 7:00 this morning to go to the early physiology class at 8. I did this so that I could have the four hours between class and lab to get lots of stuff done, mostly related to my trip back to Dallas for the weekend. I'm planning on leaving town straight from lab, so I have to get my car all loaded up and whatnot. Also, Ashley (Emily's good friend and former dormmate) is coming down this weekend for her birthday (happy birthday, Ashley!) and I want to get my room suitable for her. I'm really looking forward to Dallas this weekend. I get to see Matt and give him NCAA Football 2005 (for Xbox), we're doing lots of wedding stuff, including touring the Arboretum, and we're going to hang out (i.e. show off the ring) with his aunt Meredith and and uncle Charlie.

Last night was very fun. I picked up Amanda after I got off work around 6 and we went to Luby's for dinner. Then, we went back to her apartment and talked at her place until 8:45...mostly about wedding stuff. Yay!

Today in lab we're supposed to look at a turtle heart. Apparently if you put it in the right kind of solution, it will keep beating for weeks after extraction. Oh, and if anyone is curious, I got my health midterm grade back: 92! There was either a huge curve or I'm an awesome guesser (both?), but I have no idea how I managed to get an A. I'm not complaining though - when I came out of that test, I thought I'd be lucky to pass the class, and now I might actually be able to get an A!!! :)

No comments: