Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Monday, July 19, 2004

A Fun Weekend

I had a great weekend. Thursday's lab only took 90 minutes, so I got to Dallas in time to see Matt's family before they left for vacation in Aspen. Then Matt and I ordered a pizza and hung out - I was tired from a week of school and Matt still had work the next day, so I went home early.

On Friday, Mom, Dad, and I went to the Arboretum to check it out as a potential wedding site. They had already been there and had been shown all the locations for ceremonies and receptions, so Dad served as my tour guide. We also went to the Meadows museum (reception possibility) and Northpark - Dad for Rotary and Mom and me for lunch and whatnot. We went to Cranes and looked at wedding invitations. After Rotary was over, we all went upstairs to look at Maggiano's, a good rehearsal dinner location. Friday afternoon I had to study (and accidentally napped). When Matt got back from work, we went to his uncle Charlie and aunt Meredith's house for dinner and fun. We had a great time - we ate dinner and then played Dance Dance Revolution until past ten. Johnny (the oldest at 15) is really good. I had never done it before...I was not good. But it was fun. Matt and I are thinking about getting the game and dance pads for our anniversary present to each other. :)

Saturday started out very similarly for me. We went to the Arboretum and Dad gave the tour again, this time to Matt. I stayed very quiet so Matt could form his own opinions. We had lunch in the little cafe, which is actually part of one of the reception sites. After our meal, the caterer that Mom and Dad had already met came to talk with us. She was very friendly and knew all about catering weddings at the Arboretum. After lunch, we went to SMU and looked at Perkins Chapel and the Meadows museum. When we got home, Mom and Dad packed up for the miniranch and left, while Matt and I contemplated wedding stuff. Then we went to visit Carolyn (we hadn't seen her since before the engagement), and later I watched a health lecture while Matt did laundry. In the evening, we went to Amore for dinner and then saw Anchorman. Afterwards, Matt had to pack up for his trip to New Jersey (national KPMG training for a week), so I just kept him company. I took Matt to the airport in the morning, and then headed to College Station straight from DFW. The drive was really easy - I didn't even have to detour in Richland, which was great. Then I just studied away for my physiology test on Tuesday.

Today was uneventful. Tonight I'm just studying for my test. I asked Dr. Hildreth if I could miss work tomorrow to study and prepare for the test, and he said yes. That's a relief, because I've established a test-day routine that seems to be working for me. It also means I can eat lunch at home and not stay on campus all day. That makes me happy. What a nice boss I have!

No comments: