Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

100

I got back from school today at 1:00 because I was having lunch with my physiology professors. Why, you might ask? Because they invite anyone who misses 0-1 questions on their tests to lunch, partially as a reward and partially to talk with the students and find out how they did it. So, yeah, I made a 100 (36/36) on my physiology test...they couldn't remember the last time someone had done that. I thought two other people had gotten a 100 as well, because I looked at the grade sheets posted in the hallway, but it turns out that those two people were fictional students created to determine the max number of points possible at any point in the semester. So it was just me (no one got a 35/36 either), Dr Herman and Dr Hunter and another random professor whose name I didn't catch. Dr Hunter brought us all sandwiches from McAlister's Deli (on University). Lunch was an okay experience - we didn't always have stuff to talk about, but I just enjoyed the opportunity to get to know my professors outside of class. That happens so infrequently in college. But now the pressure's on, because they seem to think I might get a 100 again (they talked about one girl who got lunch after every test...and they said something like "I wonder how you'll do on the lab test) and that's a little scary, just because I'm no longer a name without a face - they'll be checking to see how I do on the next tests. Eek. But like I said, I enjoyed hanging out with them all the same.

Class is going well, although I don't particularly like what we're doing right now (central nervous system) because it is something we can't go into much depth with (would take too much time) so we're just memorizing the functions of various brain parts. My health class is also going along fine, although (surprise) I seem to have gotten somewhat behind on the lectures. Probably because they say the same thing over and over, and I don't particularly care about hearing how African-American men's health differs from Latino men for hours. I ran into Stacey (met him working in the organic labs last summer; he just finished his first year of vet school) while I was waiting for lunch. He's TA-ing anatomy this summer - he was dressed in blue coveralls and big rubber boots. I think they're standard issue for all vet students - there's something to look forward to.

Murphy is sitting upright in my lap right now. It makes it very hard to type. He's having a needy moment. Matt left for Phish today with Luke. With their new nationwide cellphone plan, he'll be able to call tonight so I'll get an update. :) Em and I were going to see about horse lessons again today (a reschedule from last week's rainout) but it rained again. I'm beginning to think we'll never make it out there. But since it has been raining so much, even if I wanted to take lessons from this place, it has been too muddy and rainy, so...whatever, it just needs to stop raining. I hydroplaned twice on my way to school today. Exciting.

No comments: