Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Wohoo!

Matt left Dallas around 2 pm, so he will be waiting for me at the duplex when I get back from my physiology lab test. Speaking of that test, I just haven't studied very much for it. Everyone has heard stories about how horrible the lab tests are, but I don't really see what could be so bad. Besides, this test grade is worth only 5% of my grade, so I want to do well but a B or C won't sink me at all.

I met with Dr Hildreth (my boss) today to discuss working for the second summer session. Organic labs start July 6. He wanted to schedule me for lots of hours, since I am the most experienced person at work now, but I just didn't think I could handle it. This summer was supposed to be my relaxing pre-graduation summer, with only two classes including one online, but it hasn't turned out that way at all. I mean, I'm not stressed out, but I fill my days with class, SI's, online health lectures, and studying. Throwing 15-20 hours of work into the mix would've been unacceptable. I told him I could work a maximum of 10 hours a week, and I think that's more than enough to cramp my academic style. Oh well...we'll see what he comes up with. And the good news is I still have three-day weekends, since labs are only Monday-Thursday. I would've been totally opposed to the idea of working on Fridays. Oh, this made me happy: one of my favorite people at work last fall - John - came back from his spring semester internship at a nuclear reactor to work in the labs this summer (and beyond) and take summer school. That's pretty exciting for me, because he's super nice and makes work more fun. :)

Next week I have my second physiology test and my health midterm and I start work...I am going to crash that weekend (good thing it is three days long!). Well, I should probably try to study before I have to leave for my test.

No comments: