Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

The Century Tree

Well, Matt was home when I got back from my test. The plan was for us (me, Matt, Em) to have pizza rolls from Double Daves. When I walked in the door, Matt was there, and one of the first things I noticed was that he had a red bandana around his neck. Interesting...so I put my stuff down and checked my computer and then I inquired about the pizza rolls. Then Matt informed me that we weren't have pizza rolls - we were going somewhere else and I had to wear the bandana...as a blindfold. Curiosity reigned as I goofily agreed. We went to the car and I was blindfolded. I didn't even think about trying to keep track of where we were going. It wasn't too far away, and we got out of the car and Matt led me along a sidewalk. My first thought was that we were at a park because I could hear people playing. However, two-thirds of the way through our walk, I heard a train. Judging from the sound intensity and the direction from which it was coming, I knew we were on the A&M campus...which made me quickly realize where we were probably going. And then we were there - the Century Tree - the most romantic spot at A&M. Tradition has it that if you walk under those oaken boughs alone you will be single forever, and if you walk under it with another, that is the person you are going to marry. And Matt pulled off my blindfold. He said, "it's about that time in our relationship..." and got down on one knee, and asked "Cameron Hall, will you marry me?"

* pause for the collective "awwwwwwwwww..." *

Guess what, I said yes. And here are the pictures to prove it (hopefully - I'm new to blog pictures, but what a good event to try to put them up!)















Then we went to dinner and came home. I tried to do homework. It didn't take. Oh well, I'm too happy to care! :)