Pages

Always look on the bright side of life.

Sunday, June 13, 2004

Not having class on Fridays really makes the weekend fun - all yesterday I felt like it was Sunday and got to remind myself that I had a whole other day before Monday. :) It has been a good weekend. Emily's Judo friends Arjun and Stan came over on Friday night and we made beef stroganoff and blueberry pie. Then we played some Mario Kart. Emily's practice paid off and together we totally humiliated the boys. Yesterday was a very lazy day - I watched the movie Now and Then, an old favorite, with Em and watched a health lecture ("Minority Participation in Clinical Studies and Research Trials"). Then I was bored, so I IMed Em from 15 feet away and suggested we play more Mario Kart (practice makes perfect). Then we made some macaroni and cheese (with green squigglers) and watched Aggie baseball (we lost game 1 of the super regional to LSU), the Olympic Men's diving trials, Trading Spaces, and Trading Spaces: Unglued. Like I said, it was a lazy day.

Other news of note ... I tried one of the new C2 cokes (the "lower sugar", diet/regular hybrid). It was okay. Sometimes I could taste the aspartame, sometimes not. I'm generally supportive of the idea since I love regular drinks and hate diet ones ... next weekend I'm going back to Dallas with Emily. She wants to see Jeff, I want to see Matt (he leaves for Phish on the 22), and Leslie gets into town late Saturday night. I also plan to head back to Dallas or the mini-ranch again the following weekend to spend more time with Leslie before she goes back to California. Her school's last day of class was Friday, and it is very exciting that she gets to take a nice long break from teaching for a while ... a friend of mine IMed me yesterday for some relationship-related advice. I won't go into more detail on the 1:1x10^9 chance his girlfriend reads my blog, but I'd just like to say congratulations in advance! Very exciting! ... I checked out a book from the library that Amazon.com had recommended to me. It is called For Love of Insects by Thomas Eisner, and I would highly recommend that anyone who is interested in or intrigued by insects and/or chemistry check it out. I'm really enjoying it. Cool pictures, too.

I have a physiology test on Thursday. I'm already getting nervous because I've heard it is one of those tests that you can walk into feeling like you know everything and walk out knowing that you didn't have a clue. :( So I'm going to do some studying for that now. I meant to start studying on Friday, but...hey, it's the summer. I'm still getting more of a head start than I usually do during a regular semester, so that's good. Wish me luck.

No comments: